When was the last time you did something on your desktop that you could do on your phone? It’s amazing to think about all of the once-cumbersome tasks our smartphones have simplified. From sharing files to depositing checks, our smartphones have become all-in-one organization and productivity machines. One easily overlooked way your phone saves you time is by bridging the gap between the digital and physical worlds with mobile scanning.
Mobile scanning enables you to quickly transform any paper document into digital copies and data, which you can then store and edit directly on your smartphone. All you need to get started is the Mopria Scan app.
The app allows you to automatically scan to your Android device from any Mopria certified scanner or Multifunction Printer (MFP). This saves you time by creating a simplified process that eliminates the need to install additional software and that allows you to scan regardless of the brand. The Mopria Scan app also facilitates easy access to your scanned pages for viewing on your Android device, routing for email, cloud storage, and other applications.
How It Works
The Mopria Scan App is very easy to use, featuring intuitive controls and a thoughtful layout that walks you throughout the entire process.
- Open the app you want to scan to and look for the scan option. This scan function is often found under the “attach” option in the app’s menu
- From the app you selected, tap Attach, Open or Add, and then click Scan using Mopria
- Tap your scanner
- Select your scan settings and click SCAN
- Tap FINISH to send the scanned document to your app
There are many mobile scanning apps on the market, but only a few of them make it to the top. And there are several reasons why the Mopria Scan App is considered the best scanning application for Android.
- Accessible: with the Mopria Scan app, you can choose to initiate the scan directly from the Mopria application or use other applications that you’re familiar with, such as your email or file browsers.
- Plenty of sharing options: the Mopria app provides a convenient way to share your scans. You can either share them to other applications (email, file browsers, etc.) or you can share scans to cloud services (Dropbox, Evernote, and Google Drive). This allows you to safely store your scanned documents, access them on-the-go and never lose them.
- Diverse custom settings: the Mopria Scan App offers several custom features, including changing the scan format (PNG, PDF), selecting accurate input type (photos, documents, magazines, and books), and choosing how to view the document (color, B/W, resolution).
- Accurate editing features: once the document has been scanned to your Android device, you may want to edit it before sending it to someone else – highlight a specific part for a client for instance. The Mopria Scan App allows you to not only edit the scan file name but also select a specific scan area.
- Built-in print option: the Mopria Scan App offers an all-inclusive experience for the user, allowing you to print your scanned documents directly from your Android phone, by connecting the device to any Mopria certified printer without any additional set-ups.
Mopria Scan combines the power of mobile scanning with the convenience of high-quality digital assets in one easy-to-use application. If you haven’t had the chance to try Mopria Scan, head over to the Google Play Store to download the latest version. An ever-growing list of Mopria certified scanners and multi-function printers by the world’s leading brands can also be found here.