It’s estimated that there are 5.15 billion unique mobile phone users in the world* and more than 1 million new smartphones come online every day. Even in the middle of this massive migration to all things digital, most people find that while they can access the world at their fingertips, there are still many instances where they want or need hard-copy printouts of those emails, articles, photos, and documents. If you have found yourself in this situation, you’re in luck! You can actually print right from your Android smartphone or tablet.
If you are new to printing from your mobile device, here are some simple steps to have you printing in no time.
For Basic Mobile Printing from Android
For Android 8 and higher devices, you can connect and print to nearby printers with the Android Default Print Service.
- Open the app or file
- Make sure your device and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Select the document or image you want to print go to the content you want to print, and select “Print” from your Android device
- Select your printer
- Choose the number of copies
- Hit “Print”
To Maximize your Printing Power, use the Mopria Print Service
If you want to take advantage of the true power of mobile printing, such as controlling color, cropping, orientation, paper size, and more, try the Mopria Print Service app. Mopria Print Service is a full-featured mobile printing app that lets you print directly to multiple printer brands without having to install software or drivers for each printer.
Mopria print technology has been installed on more than 2 billion devices, including select Amazon Fire, Huawei, Samsung Galaxy, and ZTE devices, and is designed to simplify printing from Android devices to more than 120 million Mopria certified printers.
How to print with the Mopria Print Service app:
1. Download the Mopria Print Service in Google Play.
TIP: After you download the app, make sure the Mopria Print Service is on. Head to the device settings and tap “Printing.” It will display “on” or “off” next to the Mopria Print Service icon. If it displays “off,” tap it so it indicates “on.” View our How-to Guide for more details on how to enable the Mopria Print Service app.
2. Make sure the printer and device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth connection.
TIP: If you are in the workplace, you can take advantage of features like user authentication, pin printing, and accounting capabilities directly in the Mopria app.
3. Open the app with the item you want to print and then select the image or document itself.
4. Tap the “Menu,” which appears as three vertical dots in the upper right hand of the screen.
5. Tap the “Print” option button or icon.
TIP: The print function is often found under the apps or share menu. If there is no “Print” option, you may be able to print from the “Share,” option using the Mopria Print Service.
6. Select printer: A pop-up menu will appear where you can select a printer. Tap on the printer you wish to print from. If the printer is not on the pop-up list, select “All Printers” at the top of the menu to discover wireless printers near you to add a printer.
TIP: Different device manufacturers will put the printer selection option in different places. To get to it quickly, you can tap the magnifying glass or hit “Search” and type in “Printing” to get you where you want to go. To reach Printing settings, you can swipe up or down to view your options and look for “Wireless,” “More Networks,” or “More Connection Settings.”
7. Select your printing options: Decide which settings and possible options you want by tapping “Advanced Features.”
TIP: You can customize color, number of copies, duplex, paper size, page range, media type (image, document, etc.), orientation, cropping, and much more.
8. Tap the “Print” icon and enjoy your printed images or documents.
* source: DataReportal